The Policy, Compliance, and Assessment Program provides the guidance for the creation and maintenance of Institute-wide information security policies, issue-specific policies, standards, and procedures. These documents are used for IT governance, risk management, and legal & regulatory compliance (e.g. FERPA, GLBA, HIPAA, PCI DSS, DFARS 7012/NIST 800-171).
Standards and safeguards are used to achieve policy objectives through the definition of mandatory controls and requirements.
Procedures are used to ensure consistent application of security policies and standards.
Guidelines provide guidance on security policies and standards.
Tools and forms related to these are also maintained here.
- Business Continuity Requests
- Credit Card Processing Procedures
- Change Request Form
- Data Privacy Procedures
- Data Protection Safeguards
- Data Protection Safeguards - Cloud Computing
- Data Protection Safeguards - Endpoints
- Data Protection Safeguards - Mobile Devices
- Data Protection Safeguards - Servers
- Encryption Standard
- Incidental Use Guidelines
- Key Log Form
- Network Firewall Standards
- Patch Management Procedure
- Policy Exception Form
- Third Party Security Questionnaire
- Third Party Security Procedures
- Visitor Log